Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reflection

I found using blogging to be a really convenient idea, not least because the asynchronous nature of posting means that late posts aren’t such a disaster! Of course, the time flexibility eliminated the hassle of hanging around for in-class tutorials and also allowed you to mull over ideas. I also found myself typing more, firstly because there was a requirement to post every week, and also because it didn’t involve ‘butting in’ in fiery tutorial discussions (something I’ve never been particularly good at)!

At the moment, I would have to agree that I am a cyborg because of my reliance on technology. This unit taught me that the cyborg experience can be positive, and give us new ways of perceiving the world. Despite this, I would still like to believe that being a cyborg is a matter of choice, and that I could go back to being simply ‘human’ – whatever that involves!

The best thing about the unit is that it complemented the communications units. Looking at the same themes from a cultural studies perspective was definitely enriching, as was the use of web-based resources. Overall, the unit felt like it would not lose its relevance any time soon. (And I’ve also learnt that my blog posts have a tendency to turn into novels!)

Thanks everyone!

No comments: