Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 12's Reflective Post

I think I'm a more real-world person, at least when it comes to classes. Haha. Having our tutes on the web, I somehow kinda always forgot that I had to come post something instead of reading and reading.. And when I did type something out it didn't feel natural - it was almost like I was making a submission of an assignment. When you discuss it in words it feels like your opinion is judged more, that kinda thing? Compared to during a verbal discussion. And I guess that's whats put me off from discussions here a lil bit. I'm not quite sure who else here is in their first sem of uni as well - everyone's seemed to be really confident speakers/opinion-makers, but (confession here!) I've found it tough to follow the train of thought for alot of the topics in this unit and process the gibberish in my head into proper words for speaking. :/ But yea, have kinda enjoyed it all along with everyone's insights and sharings, it's been pretty eye-opening. Thanks everyone! From here, I realize there's a whole new level of online interaction out there, and it's something I have to try and get into.

Anyway, we were just talked about how virtual world is seemingly becoming real-life, and I picked up 2 articles today on that: a woman going to jail for 'killing' her virtual husband, and youths being publicly punished for stealing virtual items. lol now fancy that.

cyborg cheers to all. (:
good luck for the exams!

No comments: